Type of Company: Network Marketing / Multi Level Marketing
I gave Forever Living a go a few years ago – I was recruited by answering an ad on Facebook which was offering a work from home business with uncapped earning potential.
My mentor was very successful and seemed to earn a lot of money from it, but she had been doing it for over ten years and had built up a large team below her, who had built up teams beneath them and she was getting commission for every sale that any of them made. I’ll explain the levels further on in this review to show you how it works.
So, can you earn money with Forever Living? I did this review to find out whether the majority of people could and maybe it was just me that struggled or whether it is harder than Forever Living make you believe.
Who or What is Forever Living?
Forever Living is a network marketing business (also known as Multi Level Marketing). It was set up over 40 years ago. It was founded in America and is now a multi-billion dollar business with millions of Forever Business Owners spread throughout the World – most people know somebody who is selling Forever Living products.
They have won a selection of awards over the years including in 2017 they were awarded the Silver Award for the Best New Premium Anti-Aging Product at the Pure Beauty Awards for their Forever Firming Serum. Also in 2017 their Aloe Vera Gel won the Award for Heath Boost of the Year at the Swedish Health Awards. This proves that they have some quality products which are respected in the Health & Beauty industry, which obviously helps if you’re trying to sell them!
There are Forever Living head offices in over 160 countries, they have over $1.5 billion in assets and claim to be a cash-rich, debt-free company – which is one huge feat in this day and age.
Forever Living manufacture and sell a diverse range of health and wellness products, with the main ingredient being the purest quality aloe Vera.
All the products are produced using 100% inner aloe leaf gel with additional ingredients added.
The whole production process from the aloe plant to the final end product is managed by the company.
The huge range of products they produce means that they can offer products for every type of customer around the World which opens up a huge marketplace for them.
- Drinks & Gels – a collection of Aloe-based drinks, gels and powder mixes.
- Bee Range – this is a group of products which are based around bee pollen which is proven to be incredibly healthy.
- Weight Management – a 15-day weight management programme available in various different flavours.
- Nutrition – vitamin supplements targeting different needs.
- Skincare – a collection of various cleansers, moisturisers, firming products and a skincare system
- Personal Care – hair Care, Soaps, Whitening Toothpaste and Deodorant
- Household – a small range of four products including household cleaners and hand sanitiser gel.
- Accessories – branded water bottles, shakers, measuring glass and spray bottle.
- Aloe Life – a small group of skin products including day lotion, eye cream, face mask, exfoliator and sunscreen.
Ways to Earn Money
Forever Living say “Success can be simple. Share the range of products and the Forever business opportunity with others and immediately begin to build an income.”
There are basically two ways to earn money with Forever Living:
1. By selling the range of products directly to customers
This is done by firstly putting together a list of people that you know ie. family members, friends and work colleagues. That’s the first thing that you are asked to do by your Mentor – the person who introduced you to Forever Living.
This can be done by holding Forever Living parties and doing a presentation and sampling session.
I found it very awkward because I knew my friends and family at the parties would feel obligated to buy something to show support for me and it made me feel guilty! Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been in high end sales all of my career, I’m not a wall flower who shies away from selling – but this just made me feel uncomfortable. And you certainly can’t pin your future on just selling to your nearest and dearest.
The company also suggest you setting up a stall at school fete’s, village fairs and other local Community gatherings. I found that there were several other Forever Living Associates working in my immediate and wider area and they seemed to get in and book the spaces well in advance and I didn’t stand a chance to get in there.
Some products in the range worked really well and I liked them and normally they shouldn’t be hard to sell at all.
The whitening toothpaste is excellent and does whiten your teeth and leave them feeling fresh. I also found the Aloe Vera Gel disgusting to drink but very beneficial for my digestive system, general well-being and my skin.
But I was never going to make any serious money out of selling these products, my network just wasn’t big enough.
2. Recruiting other people to join the business underneath you – building your down-line.
So, coupled with making money selling their products, their Marketing Plan rewards you a bonus for bringing new people into the business in the same capacity as you when you first joined. You then mentor these people and help them start earning by selling products and bringing people they know into the business, thus building their network marketing business. You earn money from their sales and the sales of anybody they bring on and they earn money in the same way by building a team beneath them and so it continues.
As a Forever Business Owner builds their team and increases their own sales as well as their teams, they move along the Marketing Plan which increases their income and benefits.
The Marketing Plan
The company boasts that they have developed the best Marketing Plan in the direct selling industry, They offer cash bonuses, international travel and networking opportunities.
This is a little confusing so bear with me…
Stage 1 – Novus Customer
- 15% discount off the retail price of all Forever’s products – you then sell them for full retail price and bag the profit.
Stage 2 – Assistant Supervisor
All products that you purchase are worth a certain number of Case Credits (CC) and these accrue with every order. You qualify as Assistant Supervisor by your orders totalling 2CCs within a maximum period of two consecutive months in your own Country.
The quickest way to achieve this is by buying the Start Your Journey Pack with their first order – this consists of the most popular product lines at a discounted price along with a free business-building pack of literature, sales and training brochures. Most people who join buy this pack straight away with their first order and move to an Assistant Supervisor immediately.
- Products are then purchased at a Wholesale price of 30% below the full retail price
- An additional 5% discount on each product is also given. .
Stage 3 – Supervisor
As an Assistant Supervisor you can introduce Novus Customers and show them how to build their business. As your team grows and your team has a total of 25CCs in any two consecutive months you reach the next level of Supervisor.
- Personal net discount is increased from 5% to 8%
- 2% team-leading bonus for helping Assistant Supervisors with their businesses
- Additional 8% Novus Customer bonus on orders of personally sponsored Novus Customers as long as you earn 4CCs for that specific month.
This doesn’t pay much money in the beginning but if your team grows, the team they bring in grows, and the team they bring in grows (you get the idea…) then it could equate to a nice tidy sum.
If this all goes to plan, you achieve the next level.
Stage 4 – Assistant Manager
To achieve Assistant Manager you need a turnover of 75CCs within any two consecutive months from you and the people you are helping.
- Personal net discount increases further to 13%
- Team-leading bonus of 5% or 8% depending on your down-line’s level in the Marketing Plan and if you earn 4CCs that specific month.
Your earnings at this stage could be between £500-£700 / €600-€800 a month but the main focus is you are being consistent and working hard to build the foundations for the future.
Stage 5 – Manager
For you to be able to quit your job and live on the Forever business model you need to reach Manager level. This is obtained when you and your team have a total of 120CCs within any two consecutive months or 150CCs within any 3 or 4 consecutive months and you have earned 4CCs for each qualifying month.
- Net discount increases for the final time to 18% per product
- Team-leading bonus rises to an extra 5-13% depending on your down-line’s level and you earn 4CCs for that specific month.
This then means you are earning between £800-£1500 / €960-€1800 per month.
Becoming a Manager is the target goal and a big step in the Forever Living Marketing Plan. Managers continue building their businesses but also focus on helping others to become Managers.
Stage 6 – Senior Manager
When you help others to achieve Manager status you then get recognised as:
- Senior Manager (2 personally introduced and developed Managers)
- Soaring Manager (5 Managers)
- Sapphire Manager (9 Managers)
- Diamond Sapphire Manager (17 Managers)
- Diamond Manager (25 Managers)
The explanation of these levels I think should perhaps be left for another post in the future as this article won’t finish otherwise!
I’m not sure if you’re confused by now or still with me – hopefully still with me and you haven’t zoned out.
In theory, this is a great way to make money but I truly believe that years ago, before market saturation it was probably a great company to achieve your dreams but now I think anybody would struggle.
When I gave it a go it was 10 years ago and even then my area was saturated and much further afield too. Everybody I spoke to had somebody they knew that sold Forever Living.
Maybe now, with the enormous growth of Social Media it’s opened the market wide open and it can be done but I would imagine the very select few to be honest. Plus there are a lot more competitors out there these days.
My mentor made so much money doing it but she joined the business many years ago and benefitted from it being a relatively new way of building a business.
Who is Forever Living aimed at?
- Stay-at-home Mums/Housewives
- People who are unhappy in their jobs
- Self-employed people or wannabes
- Driven business people fed up making others money in the corporate World
The list is a long one really….
You need to be a person with a large network around you and preferably in an area which isn’t already saturated with Forever Living.
- Long-established company so not much chance of a collapse.
- Good range of products which are actually good quality and beneficial.
- Very organised in terms of training and support.
- No initial outlay or annual fees – but you do have to place an order for the main products to get you started.
- Usually a local contact/Mentor so easy access for support
- Wider marketplace now with the growth of Social Media
- Uncapped earnings potential
The Not So Good:
- Saturated areas – Forever Living representatives covering pretty much everywhere.
- You have to place an order for the main products and marketing products to get you started.
- Relying on your friends and family to get you started – it doesn’t feel good.
- Unless you have a wide network you are unlikely to make anywhere near enough money.
- You need other people to succeed for your own success to happen.
- Actually selling products, demonstrating them and storing them – you have to do both parts of the business model for any chance of success.
- I felt a little left out there on my own, right from the start.
This is obviously not a scam – it’s a well-respected global company.
I think if you joined the company early on then yes there must have been fantastic opportunity to make money but I think to do that now is far rarer than they lead you to believe. Most of the really big success stories are people who have been doing it for years and years and have large teams beneath them.
They have a disclaimer at the bottom of all the pages on their website which reads “Do not be misled by claims that high earnings are easily achieved“. Now I think this is a good thing that they have the warning on there because throughout the website and on their literature it does give you the impression that it’s easily done.
Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against putting in the work or time to achieve your goals – after all that’s what affiliate marketing is about. It’s what I do.
If the idea of uncapped earning potential with Forever Living is of interest to you, please do one thing for me – read my Wealthy Affiliate review here and have a FREE look around the platform before you decide on anything – that’s all I ask. The similarities end with the uncapped earning potential.
Thanks for reading and I would love it if you left a comment telling me about your experiences with Forever Living or a network marketing company or if you want me to review a specific home working opportunity for you! I’ll respond to every one.
Overall WOW Factor: